CargoesKey Stage 1
Up to 20 children
IntroductionIn this hands-on workshop, children investigate the everyday and exotic objects which were transported by canal in the past. They explore goods through sight, touch and smell and have a go at sorting some into 'carried by canal' and 'not carried by canal'
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- To understand the meaning of the word "cargo"
- To understand that narrow boats were a commonly used way of transporting goods around the country in the past
- To identify a selection of commonly transported goods
- To justify their responses - x was carried by canal because...