Will We See A Crocodile?Key Stage 1
IntroductionThis workshop introduces very young children to the kinds of sights that they may see during a narrow boat ride on the canal. It is based around a Powerpoint presentation, which contains photos of animals and structures that they will see on their trip, some that they may, and some that they definitely won't. It begins to give them an understanding of a typical canal landscape.
- Understand geographical similarities and differences through studying the human and physical geography of a small area of the United Kingdom, and of a small area in a contrasting non-European country.
- Use simple fieldwork and observational skills to study the geography of their school and its grounds and the key human and physical features of its surrounding environment.
- To explain the difference between a canal and a river.
- To introduce children to some of the bird and animal species that they may see by the canal.
- To introduce children to some common canal side structures.
- To introduce the idea of different habitats on the earth's surface, by showing the children some animal species that they definitely will not see by the canal.