Maths TrailKey Stage 2
IntroductionThe Maths Trail is a set of stimulating activities for KS2 students, which encourages strategic thinking and lateral problem solving. It also gives them a chance to practice a number of other skills, including accurate measurement of length and weight, mental calculation, the use of time lines, estimation, & symmetry.
Aspects of different areas (see trail below)
- To develop weighing and linear measuring skills, using standard units.
- To develop problem solving skills.
- To develop estimation skills.
- To improve powers of mental calculation.
- To examine the lines of symmetry in traditional canal art.