The website is one of the largest museum sites in the UK at over 700
pages. We have tried to make it easy to find your way around. This guide will
Because there are so many subjects and pages the site is divided up
into sections. A few miscelaneous topics are covered by pages in the main
directory, but most pages are in subsections, several of which are substantial
sized websites in their own right.
Each section has its own home page. On the menus, section home pages
are identified with a small H symbol in red:
Those menu choices take you to the home page of that section. The menu
of every section includes the section home pages of the other main sections. In
addition every page either has, or soon will have, a menu option to go to the
site map. This is found as the last item on the drop-down menu furthest to the
- Visit. This section is all about preparing for a visit to
the museum and offers a wide range of practical information from bus routes to
using Wi-Fi whilst you are there. In this section you will find information for
our disabled visitors and our podcast tour for your MP3 player.
- What's On. All our special events are covered in this
- London's Canals - our canal history section
- The Ice House - about the building,, the ice trade, and ice
- Education. The education section is a very large website and
is sub-divided into a Teacher Zone, a Family Zone, and a Learning Zone
- Venue Hire. The venue hire section is a large section for
venue hire customers and potential customers. We host a wide range of events
from a committee meeting to a banquet and the venue hire section is a
comprehensive guide to private hire.
- Collection. This section tells you about our collection
including the Bantam Tug, and our policies
- Support us. This section includes volunteering, sponsorship,
and financial donations to the museum
- Filming. For film companies looking for locations
- Website. The website section includes accessibility
information, external links, the site map, and details about our WAP site for
- Press. This section is for the media.